Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by m777 View Post
thanks for your reply mrs D.

I have started taking 1000mcg sublingual tablets to check I don't have any reactions. If all is well after a few weeks, I will up my dose as you suggested.

It's hard to wait 30 mins to an hour to eat though! By that time I am starving.

Am I able to take my morning probiotics at the same time as the b12 or will this cause a negative effect?
Not sure.. For the most part, B12 is hampered by fiber that is with the food, and the volume of liquid that comes with eating.
The studies on drugs that are given in microgram doses show food keeps the drug like a sponge away from the lining of the intestine. But probiotics, are alive, and one would wonder if they would consume some of the B12. B12 is excreted, you know in the bile, and may then provide itself to organisms living there. I do know for a fact that parasites (tape worms in particular will cause low B12 in humans, as they soak up the small amounts we eat from animal food sources.) and that is not a pretty picture to imagine! Other organisms may also like to have it I'd assume. The cycle of life is quite complex.

As far as probiotics go, you might investigate Kefir. US Kefir has 12 different strains in it, and is far more helpful than yogurt in fact as a natural food source.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote