Thread: Stiff Neck
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

MiaVita,

I have had Botox injections for chronic migraines. I have done it twice. If you decide to do it, make sure that it is done by a doctor who does a lot of these and knows what he is doing.

It has helped the migraines. I still get them, but not as often, and they are more easily controlled. (Now if all the other PCS symptoms were as easy to control!)

The first time he did them, my neurologist injected lots of areas on the face and then he did some injections in the occipital I area (back of head). That was a problem for me.

Botox weakens the muscles, and for about two months or so - until it started to wear off - I had trouble with my neck. The muscles were weak, and I almost felt like I needed something to hold my head up. My neck bothered me all the time.

When I told my neurologist about it, he didn't seem surprised - which means to me that this is not an isolated incident. So the second time that I had the Botox injections, we did not do the occipital, and the Botox still helps the migraines. And now my neck doesn't bother me.

So ask a lot of questions before you make your decision.

All the best, ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (01-10-2013)