View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica, Small nerve neuropathy & side effects...

Hello Everyone
I started taking lyrica 10 days ago for small nerve neuropathy. Pins and needles, tingling, stabbing, electric-like feeings and burning pain in my legs, feet, arms, hands and face. I am only on 50mgs a day because of side effects, Jitteriness, lightheaded, spacey feelings and some anxiety and now weight gain!. Im slowly trying to get up to 75 a day and some... I have already gained 4 or 5 lbs. ( Right now its ok because I am thin). My stomache feels bloated and is distended. I am afraid I may be retaining water and am wondern if this could become serious. So far no swelling in my hands or feet, as I know I am on a low dose.
Is anyone else taking lyrica and what dose are you on? How long did it take for your weight gain. Does the weight gain stop after a while or do you keep gaining weight? So far I do not have an increased appetite and still eat the same, but still gained weight in a short time!
Also, I have read on other sites people are reporting hair loss and teeth problems. Has anyone heard or had any of these side effects?? Sorry for all the questions, but I am concerned about the risks of this medication. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Last edited by Marie33; 01-10-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote