View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

bigger fatter changes are coming. You will start to see taxes on things that will make you shake your head. Medicare will rise. It went from $89 a year just a couple of years ago to $120 and is slated to rise to $240 next year. National healthcare is expensive and those insurance companies being forced to accept sick and healthy alike are not going to just eat the cost, they are applying for government aid and programs to keep up. So, again, we the people get to foot the bill while those in the know tap into programs and grants to cover their costs. You will see capitol gains taxes going to healthcare and even some portions of bakery tax doing the same. We are going to see taxes sneaking into every corner. A penny here, and a penny here may not seem like much at the moment, but if you add up your pennies at the end of the year it really does add it.

My SSDI check went up my 1% but the cost of being on the program rose past the raise and they took $10 towards the national healthcare tax. I also saw my pension rise by 2.4% as negotiated by contract and yet the fees, taxes and programs that were added on as well as my contribution to my healthcare plan soared. I got a raise, but my take home was less than before the raise. go figure.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (01-10-2013), SallyC (01-10-2013)