View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk, Betsy.

I had the reverse events when I was pregnant. That is when my carpal tunnel became severe and disabling, and my blood pressure skyrocketed. But after delivery, I was much more normal. So I did not opt for the release surgery.
It turned out I had a goiter and hypothyroid after all, and ended on hormone in my early 40's.(years later).

Did you have testing for Hashimoto's antibodies?

Did you get antibiotics alot for infections then, like Cipro, Levaquin or Avelox. Or Flagyl ? These can cause neuropathy too.

Were you tested for B12? do you know the numerical result?
I was tested for B12 this past summer but I don't know the numerical value. All labs were 'normal', which included Vit D, testosterone, FSH, etc. I get some nasty night sweats so the ob was doing a hormonal workup. He said no signs of impending menopause, but I think differently LOL. I do not recall having those prescriptions, I honestly don't get 'sick' very often. I think my only abx in the past few years have been a Zpack here or there.

Don't think I've been tested for Hashimoto's. I've actually lost weight during the past 2 years, esp when things were getting crazy, where before I had slowly gained (post baby/weaning) so I usually don't think hypothyroid.

I tend to go 'autoimmune!' in my head, but nothing has ever tested out to support my theory. One weird thing that I've only recently thought might be nerve related is my sneezing. Heaven forbid I sneeze, b/c that will cause another sneeze and another sneeze and so on. Please for the love of god don't bump my nose b/c then I will sneeze. Squeezing blackheads near my nose can make me sneeze. Water in the nose is awful. Nasty sneezing fits. It seems my sneeze nerve is super excitable LOL
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote