View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My hamstring injury was in June. For three months, I was immobile.I would walk when capable but literally couldn't most of the time. I had an MRI that showed nothing,except inflammation. Then I was able to walk almost normal but not jump. However it got worse in December and now I can't do much except limp around.

I went to the orthopedic doctor today and he didn't know what to say. He wouldn't give me another MRI since the first one in September showed nothing. He prescribed me Neurontin 100 mg and told me to continue Physical Therapy and to see what the neurologist says.

I don't think he's even familiar with RSD. He wouldn't make any comment about it. He said he doesn't know if I have it.

He asked me if I had a psychiatric problem. I told him NOT AT ALL! THE PAIN IS MAKING ME DEPRESSED! He was nice but not helpful which is what I expected. Then he suggested I continue walking on it and avoid the wheelchair.

Since I live in NYC I might look into the Hospital for Special Surgery or Mount Sinai Pain Management Center. Hopefully my insurance is accepted.
abbeyn93 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote