View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help So i fell and hit my head again

Hey, been a while since i've been here. My PCS had all but gone and my doctors all gave me the green light.

When asked if i'd like to go on a snowboarding holiday, i asked my doctor if this was a good idea as this is how i got PCS the first time (with an 11 month recovery), he said yes. I asked several health professionals, they all said yes, go on the holiday, it'll help with the little balance issue you have.

So i went on holiday, on Sunday there (6th Jan) I fell while snowboarding. I was taken to the medical centre in France and diagnosed with concussion. I had an x-ray to check for broken bones and sent on my way.

Since Sunday, i've been feeling dizzy, sick (haven't bee sick), my eyes are a little sore (like behind them, weird i know), sometimes the light seems bright, my head feels like it's tight and swollen, my neck is also swollen.

I wish i hadn't listened to my doctors as my instinct was to not go but i got swept up in the excitement. I flew home early as i was feeling bad and just sitting in a room all day.

My question is this, as i wasn't properly checked out in France, should i go and see a doctor in the UK? I can't get to see my GP till Monday but i could go to A&E and be seen by them.

Everyone around me things i'm over-reacting and being a drama queen.
GilbertLiddell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote