View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertLiddell View Post
Hey, been a while since i've been here. My PCS had all but gone and my doctors all gave me the green light.

When asked if i'd like to go on a snowboarding holiday, i asked my doctor if this was a good idea as this is how i got PCS the first time (with an 11 month recovery), he said yes. I asked several health professionals, they all said yes, go on the holiday, it'll help with the little balance issue you have.

So i went on holiday, on Sunday there (6th Jan) I fell while snowboarding. I was taken to the medical centre in France and diagnosed with concussion. I had an x-ray to check for broken bones and sent on my way.

Since Sunday, i've been feeling dizzy, sick (haven't bee sick), my eyes are a little sore (like behind them, weird i know), sometimes the light seems bright, my head feels like it's tight and swollen, my neck is also swollen.

I wish i hadn't listened to my doctors as my instinct was to not go but i got swept up in the excitement. I flew home early as i was feeling bad and just sitting in a room all day.

My question is this, as i wasn't properly checked out in France, should i go and see a doctor in the UK? I can't get to see my GP till Monday but i could go to A&E and be seen by them.

Everyone around me things i'm over-reacting and being a drama queen.
How did you heal the first time after 11 months? I am in the middle of battling PCS from hitting my head also and I've been having a hard time since it happened 5 months ago. Can you please give me a few pointers as to what you did to heal? Did you do physical therapy? What type? Any excersize? Any alcohol? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and I hope you feel better. I think you should definitely get a 2nd opinion, you cannot be too careful when it comes to head injuries. Don't mind your friends, people don't realize how horrible concussions are until they have one themselves.
drod313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote