View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthomolecular View Post
I developed a stomach ulcer because of my nutritional dependencies. Are you sure it is not an ulcer. A stomach ulcer will sometimes feel better from eating and sometimes not. It can depend on what you eat and how much acid it may cause your stomach to produce.

I like to use glutamine powder mixed in water for any GI issues like this. Mix the glut in water so that it looks like skim milk. When you drink this down on an empty stomach you can feel how it soothes your GI tract. Drink this stuff down several times a day. You may want to avoid taking more than maybe 4 doses per day because too much glutamine may interfere with sleep and may cause a little bit of diarrhea or dry mouth.

Glutamine is the best thing for healing any part of your GI tract.

Another thing that might help is to use DLG chews. This is licorice without the active ingredient which helps to produce mucuos in your GI tract. This you use about a half hour before meals and you chew these to stimulate the mucuous production. This might help too but the glutamine is something you should definitely use. If you have any problem with high blood pressure these DLG chews may be a problem. The active ingredient in licorice may cause hypertension and sometimes there may be a little bit of this stuff left (even though it is removed) that may cause some high blood pressure problems. So be careful with DLG if you have high bp issues.

I think you mean DGL :-)
lined_in_silver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote