Thread: Another newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Betsy Ann- Welcome to Neurotalk, I'm sure you are searching in every direction for some answers. Your symtoms sound like an autonomic dysfunction- the sympathetic nervous system, parasympathetic nervous system, vegas nerve all control blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, even digestive issues. I have a disorder of the autonomic nervous system-reflex sympathetic dystrophy-RSD or now called CRPS. blood pressure varies from high to low- heart rate varies from high to low- go from hot to ice cold in body-usually burning hot. electrical shocks, tingling. I have it full body or generalized-all limbs. I don't know what all the autonomic disregulations are, but RSD one of them.
I hope this is NOT the case with you. Are you seeing a neurologist? The condition I have is difficult to diagnose and many Drs. are not familiar with it. I my case-it followed an operation. For some it has followed an injury- I hope you get some answers. I'm usually of the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy part of NT. Just happened to notice your post. You will find a lot of good information and support on NT. Hope the best for you and you get some answers with good results. loretta
Thank-you I am seeing a neurologist. He is the one who said I am having seizures, and did the PN workup. I don't have the autonomic symptoms frequently, thank goodness. I do take Toprol for a reduction in HR/palpitations and it keeps my BP at bay as well, so for the most part I am good on that front (Holy carp, can you tell I've been watching Downton Abbey?) The worst was just over a year ago, I think the Keppra is keeping it at bay (assuming it is sz. activity). I am browsing the forums as I can, there is definitely a lot of wonderful info here! Thanks for the warm welcome.
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (01-10-2013)