Thread: getting better
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default getting better

I have not been on in awhile, so hello to all and Happy New Year. Well it has been just over a year since my first surgery, and still have some issues, but finally seeing some real progress. My meds for MS have been changed, which my ms symptoms included muscle tension, great for TOS. I continue to take gabapentin, which ms patients are given for the muscle problems as well as TOS for pain. They also put me on cymbalta which has also helped greatly. I did find a new acupuncturist who is absolutely amazing. It is not your traditional acupuncture, where you sit there with a bunch a needles for 20-30 minutes several times over weeks. This guys is a MD and he used a total of 6 needles for maybe 2-3 minutes and all these little bandaids with little pieces of metal. I walked out of his office feeling so much better in November and I have a follow up next week. I also started see a new massage therapist, who also does isolation stretching. I have seen her three times since early December and have had great results. For the first time since this whole TOS started, I have had no numbness and tingling in my left arm and hand. My family and friends have noticed such an improvement in me, and I am able to do so much more. I do overdo it some days, which is just my nature, but overall it has been such a great few months. I still don't work, but last week I went to a dinner function from my former job as a police officer and really enjoyed seeing the guys I worked with for 18 years. I was treated so well and it was the first time I seen some of the guys in almost 2 years. I have finally taken back my life and on the road to the new me!!
brmr19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MarcS (01-11-2013)