View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question about seizures

Last year after much crazy diagnostic testing, I got to see a neurologist who did all the basic stuff and essentially said I had 'abnormal spikes on both sides of the brain' and he though my strange symptoms were actually seizures. I tried to get him to be a little more specific, but he never gave me more answer than simply 'seizure'. I've been doing well so I don't have an appt to see him again until Sept, but now I'm curious. Is it typical to have a specific seizure type listed, is it likely he has more definitive data than 'abnormal spikes'? What does that even mean?

I get the electrical activity part, but I'm not a neuro buff.

As for symptoms, I get these 'waves' of what I assume to be an adrenaline rush. I start to feel shaky and light headed, and a 'punched in the gut' feeling then my heart starts galloping up to 140-150 (always sinus and it's NOT SVT...it starts out gradually), BP rises to 190's/110's, the wave sort of peaks, then comes back down and I start sweating and shaking uncontrollably. I've not had that many of them, but 2 docs witnessed the HR and called for ambulance transport to the ER, although now I know what to expect I usually just sit it out at home. It's very draining, though LOL

The worst ones have lasted hours with the waves getting 'larger' and then slowly getting 'smaller' and less frequent. I've had some that were very short in duration and sometimes I don't know if I'm having one or not, it's very mild and short, maybe just an anxiety burst. I was started on Keppra and haven't felt a 'big bad one' in about a year or so. Not a large dose, currently at 500mg.

Anyway, that's me. I also have peripheral neuropathy and lots of oddities that never quite match up with a real dx, so I'm always thinking and theorizing about what the aliens have done to me
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote