View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Keepingfaith, the experiences of Snoopy and Shadiya, as well as what many others here have related should encourage you to forge ahead...and to take the opinions of physicians and neuros with a grain of salt.

I too have had bilateral symptoms; and have also had different physicians/neuros/radiologists say definitely MS, as well as not over the course of 35 years. Even as recently as last year, a new neuro ordered up a whole battery of tests to rule out NMO (apparently negative).

It seems that with newer diagnostic tools as well as more research information on MS becoming available, some medical practitioners see us as a collection of data rather than as human beings that can tell them a whole lot more about what is going on, than the test results and criteria can.

Perhaps if more would take the time to really listen to what their patients are telling them, and maybe spend some time reading the posts on forums like this one, a greater understanding of the variability of MS symptoms and test results might become more apparent to them. That is my hope.

I wish you the best of compassionate care and understanding with an MS neuro that understands these things .

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Keely (01-12-2013), LisaLisa37 (01-11-2013), Shadiyah (01-11-2013)