Thread: edgelow kit
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jkl, sit in front of the mirror on a bench or stool that helps you sit in the pose Art has taught us with feet firmly on the floor and weight on the feet. If I recall that is the very first thing Art teaches everyone. The simplest things we are taught are sometimes of the most significance! Except it is hard for us to give it importance, which is such a folly.(Me too)!
My therapist here taught me how to stand the first time I saw her. Again breast bone over pelvic bone. Art can go over it again with you. Good idea to have him work with your posture again.

Then notice when you breathe with your diaphragm your abdomen should be moving and your upper chest should barely move. My therapist put me in front of the mirror on wed and showed me how important the posture is as you almost can't avoid chest breathing if you are not in the correct posture. It takes time but slowly over time it should help us get into the habit of breathing like that all the time. I am still working on it. Marc bought a wedge from " relax the back " to help him sit in the correct posture in the car I think.

To answer, your QS. I think the xeroxes you have are okay to start with, you don't need the booklet for the core part of the program. I guess, but I would order the DVD and start soon. You must have the DVD to do it all correctly.

Peter's protocol has a rib mobilizing section with a pinky ball where you mobilize your back ribs, that should help you move your ribs in the subscapularis area. Also remember, I mentioned mobilizing that 3rd -4th maybe 5th rib in the front where it attaches to the front of the rib cage slightly left or right of your breast bone with a yamuna ball while standing against a wall?( Given by my therapist here in Palo Alto). Mobilize that first in the front as the foam roller can't get in there, then mobilize the back ribs using Peter's method with the pinky ball. (I still do Art's foam roller exercises and all others. Don't stop those.)

jkl626, please copy all this info and paste it into a document you can refer to later, as I will be out of the country the whole month of feb and won't be visiting the forum. Iris is working on some of he Edgelow stuff you could PM her if you need any help in Feb.

Last edited by stos2; 01-11-2013 at 11:52 AM.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote