Thread: Afraid
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Consider,

Just as an add-on to Mark's post, what is an example of your activities in a day currently while your recovering?

It says your an IT student in college? I may of missed some details in some of your past posts, I just browsed quickly. Are you still on a full workload at school? It also says your a gamer, are you still playing video games?

I did not completely grasp rest vs "Brain Rest" which is what I was not doing properly in the early stages of my recovery. I am an IT pro of 14+ years an in early 30's and did many things incorrectly in the beginning.

I was watching TV, fired up the PS3 from time to time and etc....I was stuck at home and not at work so was not sure what to do with myself. That is not rest for your brain.

I am 14 months along and back to work but not full time hours, I avoided the stores and malls over X-mas so did all my shopping online. So right now I still have to balance my life, if I have a 2 hr meeting today I can't go out to get groceries and vice versa. Slow down the amount of information your brain has to process throughout your entire day to find a balance you can cope with. This will be much trial and error as it was for me, I am still having difficulty gauging limits. But I am significantly better than I was. I had to cease all computer and TV for about 2 months and slowly introduce it again.

How is your sleep? You mentioned 6 hrs sleep, is it very restful? Do you follow a proper sleep program/sleep hygiene? If you absolutely have to use a computer in the late evening have you looked into Blue blocking glasses/computer glasses like Gunnar? Some moderate exercise during the day may help you sleep, I started with an elliptical machine.

Who have you seen for your symptoms? A quick item to try that helped me is that I had to switch back from energy efficient bulbs (small fluorescent bulbs) to standard old fashioned incadescent bulbs at home to help the dizziness.
srgallan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ptcabe (01-11-2013)