View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

First I want to thank you all for your responses. I am actually almost in tears right now having heard that this is possible. I'm really scared. It all started in October of 2011 when I had this annoying tingling in my left calf muscle. I went to the doctor then and they referred me to the neurologist who did an EMG and said everything was normal. Since then my symptoms have progressed to tingling, burning, and occassional numbness in both legs and feet. I also have periodic numbness in my hands. In the mornings it's so hard for me to walk I lose my balance and my left ankle feels so weak. When I walk or stand for more than about 5 minutes my legs just ache and sometimes they swell. Since this all started I have had those vibrations that come and go and also a blurry spot in my vision on my left eye. That comes and goes as well but when it's here it usually lasts a few weeks. I have muscle twitches all over from my head to my feet. I get pain in my throat which I do have GERD so that's probably from that. I drop things or often feel like someone wrapped something tight around my arm. My hands shake often and my legs too. I get shooting pain in my elbow and spasms in my back. My tongue tingles periodically also and sometimes things taste funny to me and not to other people. I am so afraid mostly because the only time I felt good since this all started was for 4 days in July of 2012. I remember I just didn't have any symptoms. It was amazing and I was thinking I was over whatever this was. But it came back and worse. All blood tests have came back normal and believe me they have done just about all of them. I had an EKG and MRI's of my neck and back and brain w and w/o contrast. The neurologist told me horror stories of the LP and then asked me if I wanted one. Of course I said no I'll wait this out. I'm fearing the worst since I have only gotten worse over time. Does this ever let up? I heard if you have RRMS then your relapse wouldn't last for more than about 6 months. And that to be a remission it has to be 60 days or more. I have a two year old son who is my entire world and depends on me for everything. I am so scared that I won't be able to be the mother I need to be. Never had an MRI of the spinal cord? Is that invasive or just like any MRI? Thank you so much for your input...
keepingfaith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (01-11-2013), SallyC (01-11-2013), Shadiyah (01-11-2013)