View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help vestibular therapy

My husband got his concussion 8 months ago. He was working in a trench and a 16 inch water line exploded on him and a steel ladder fell on his head. He has been diagnosed with pcs the dr's told him he would be better in a couple of weeks, the weeks turned into 6 moths then a year and now they are saying maybe 2 years. He does cognitive therapy 1-2 times a week and pt for his neck 2 times a week. He has a lot of balance problems he can not even close his eyes without falling down. He has done a lot of therapy and it has set him back. He has seizures when his headaches get terrible. He has not had a seizure in 4 months and then 2 days ago he started the vestibular therapy and had a seizure so the neurologist has recommended he stop the therapy until he can tolerate more. I do think that the vestibular therapy does help a lot you just need to take baby steps and start out slow and work your way up to it. My husband went for an hour his first time and it was way to much also doing the exercises at home is very helpful. The thing that has helped the most is lots of rest and know when you are doing to much. He has made a lot of progress but he still has a long way to go
bogart01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (01-12-2013)