View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy

Hello!!

Sounds like you have had a hell of a time! The up's and downs are common.. for me anyways! (I have no diagnosis but chronic pain)
Being in pain all of the time and feeling like you have no support-you are bound to be mentally all over the place!

I feel for you and your fiance, when my pain started I had a hell of a time doing much of anything most days, my husband flat out told me he thought I was being lazy. It was devastating to me.
He has since smartened up but it took a lot of time and I had to show him a lot of information about what I was going through to get him to understand at all where I was at. Also something I did not think much about until recently is how this all affects his life. Its also hard for him to deal with me, pick up my slack and not know what is going on. I have been too involved in my own pain/confusion/frustration to think about how hard this all has been on him. Have you thought about showing him a website for spouses dealing with chronic pain? My husband still has a hard time dealing with me and all of the stuff that goes with chronic pain! I just have to do my best to explain where I am coming from.

Good luck, its sure an adventure
ozzysun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote