View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi BestyAnn,

I can't help but wonder if you are having a aura (simple partial) sz. when you get the feeling in your stomach that leads into either a complex partial or tonic clonic (grand mal) sz.
If I may ask do you ever see colors in your eyes before you blank out? If you do it could be a complex partial sz. and if the sz. last for a long time it could be a tonic clonic sz.
The spikes your Dr. is seeing is the electrical activity going on in your brain and from what you described as abnormal spikes meaning that at certain areas of your brain there's to much electricial activity and the spikes cause the neurons to fire up and trigger a seizure for you. The best way to describe it is to think of lightening that you see during a thunderstorm. This is whats happening in your brain and it's triggering seizures. You should start keeping track of your seizures and get a calendar write down what time the seizure started and if it lasts over 15 min. then describe the seizure. By doing this the neuro may see a pattern in your seizures. I often have them when there's a low pressure in the weather, stress or lack of sleep. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg once a day this will help calm your nerves down and it may decrease your seizures. I wish you the very best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BetsyAnn (01-11-2013)