View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default C5/6 Disc Fusion

Hi! I had my C5/6 disc fusion surgery with a cadaver bone, plate and screws September 29, 2012. I was a smoker and attempted to quit many times since. I have now successfully quit smoking as of Jan.2, with 3 days of patches. Since the 5th I have had no nicotine in my body to aid in quitting, I did cold turkey. I am doing great! My neck has been doing well in my recovery process,I still had minor pain, but was to be expected. My concern right now is last Sunday I have been experiencing uncomfortable pain in the surgery area, and some nerve issue happening on my left arm and foot numbness. I would like to know if this is normal? I also went 3 months with still smoking, could my pain be the cadaver bone finally fusing from the no nicotine? Could the withdrawal from nicotine be contributing? and finally I did some flying and a car ride as a passenger during the holidays,and public transportation. I was going to see if I could baby it with ice and heat this weekend, and ask this forum before going to my Doctor next week. Its almost like I have a kink on the right side neck/shoulder, affecting the nerve to my left arm and fingers. I have not had any therapy besides my own heat and ice. I am just a little concerned with the amount of pain I am having at this point with a possible set back or I over did it..Thank you, for any suggestions or similar experiences..
Checker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-13-2013)