Thread: MRI Results
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bucky ~ It says you have SEVERE neural foraminal narrowing at C5-6 affectiing the C6 nerve root. The foramen are holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord. The hole at C5-6 is severely narrowed, thus keeping the nerves from passing thru.

I'm no doctor. This is something you'll have to either research or get another opinion about. Before you decide on anything GET AT LEAST 2-3 OTHER OPINIONS. Never take just one doctors opinion!!! After getting the other opinions, then make your decision. If 2 out of 3 think you should have surgery, then that's probably what you should do.

If they think you should do physical therapy, then that's what you should do. I would opt for the most CONSERVATIVE method I could!!! Surgery should be your last resort, after all other conservative methods have been exhausted. Surgery is only for mechanical problems. It won't fix your pain. You're going to still have pain after surgery.

Best of luck and God bless. Please keep us posted, ok? Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote