View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ibuprofen fan

Well, I'm going out on a limb here. I am not suggesting that anyone else does what I do, but....
I LOVE Ibuprofen, it makes me feel like a normal human being and without it I am crippled with inflammation and pain. And, yes, I also take many anti-inflammatory herbs and eat all the anti-inflammatories I can get my hands on. At the onset of this disease, diagnosis about 16 years ago, I had a doctor who gave me the okay to take 600 mg a dose. I know that this a very large amount, but I want to be honest here and reveal that not only do I continue to take it daily, but generally take this 600 mg dose 2-3 times within a 24 hour period. So far it is without harm. As do many of us, I am constantly weighing and balancing the positive vs negative effects of medications, exercise, supplements, work load, etc. and I take full responsibility for what I am choosing to ingest and I try to do due diligence about staying informed. I tell my doctors everything that I take, although there are many things on that list that they are often not familiar with or don't particularly like me to take. Most of my doctors, for example, don't like to know that I use marijuana several times a week to help with sleep and that it works like a charm, but I am trying hard to be honest with them and to find my own way with their help.
I believe taking ibuprofen has helped me be able to keep the l-dopa medication to a minimum (total 400 mg daily), so far keeping dyskinesias almost at bay and being able to have a semblance of normal life.
I just wanted to relate my personal experience and corresponding risk that I am taking. Again, I am not recommending this for anyone else.
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (01-11-2013), Lemonlime (01-14-2013), soccertese (01-12-2013)