View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default White Blood Count

It's 3am in England and its my usual pred night - no sleep until at least 4am

I got home this afternoon to a message on my ansaphone from my Dr telling me that following a blood test on Wednesday my WBC is higher than it should be and that he thinks its probably the pred, if I think I might have any cold/flu symptoms to contact surgery, if I have any questions he is going on holiday for a week and I can ring and speak to another Dr on Monday !

Well apart from the fact that he has my work and mobile numbers he must have known I would have questions !

I have been on pred for 6 months and I know it is making me worse, my neuro told me this week I can't start tapering off as I started on Azathioprine in early December and he says that will not be taking effect and he thinks I would be worse if I started tapering now, I disagree but that's another story.

When I started on Aza I had a base blood test (7th Dec) and I had 2 more 14 & 21 Dec, then the one this week. All the other tests were fine so my question is why after 6 months and 3 normal tests would pred cause this one to be higher ?

Any ideas - I don't think I will get any sensible answer from my surgery on Monday !

Thanks
lynned0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote