View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Swift,

First, You said, "Once again I must stress I did not black out, did not hit my head directly, and was not given an immediate concussion diagnosis. "

This has no bearing on anything. As has been said before, "If you have seen one head injury, You have seen ONE head injury."

There are many concussion with no contact with the head. The whiplash alone can cause a myriad of concussion symptoms.

I doubt you did any permanent damage by drinking after your concussion or taking a benzo while drunk. I bet you have gone down that road before. The damage to your brain from alcohol is history, not a current issue.

Did you set back your recovery? Maybe, but you were only a day or two into your recovery. You will never see a difference. You are still very early in your recovery. You don't even qualify for a diagnosis of Post Concussion Syndrome. That does not start until 6 weeks or more after the concussion.

It sounds like your biggest struggle will be stress. Work stress and your own personal anxieties. You need to get serious about brain nutrition. Your brain needs to be strengthened against stress. You also need to take some serious steps to reduce stress and anxiety in your life. Your employer may need to take steps to reduce stress in the workplace to prevent stress based Work Comp claims.

So, stop stressing out. It will kill you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ptcabe (01-14-2013)