View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi BetsyAnn,

Let's see I think I spelled your name right this time, I had just come home from work and I was tired sorry about that.
I'm wondering if the neuropathy could be triggering up possible complex partial sz. and of course getting hit by a car wouldn't help at all. I have family that has neuropathy problems and their Dr. put them on topamax which is a sz. med to help control the pain and the possibility of sz. starting.
The odd sensations could be more electrical spikes in the brain triggering a sz. or the pain you are feeling. What you might want to do is try "Cold Water Therapy" What you have to do is take your temperature 3 times a day at the same time and any time you might have had a possible sz. Write down what time it is when you take your temp. along with the reading. You will also need to keep track of each time you yawn and write down what time you yawn. They have been doing a study and they have found that yawning cools the brain. The next step is any time you feel a possible sz. starting put a cold washcloth on your face and the back of your neck along with doing it 3 times a day at the same time. By doing this it will calm the neurons down in the brain and stop the possible sz. and it may help reduce your pain that you feel. I was involved in this medical study and they found that my temperature was higher by a degree or 2 before I had any sz. and I was yawning less that day. I also was able to stop a few more sz. by putting the cold wash cloth on my face. I know it sounds strange but they already have a cooling device out in the UK for people who have epilepsy and now the US had to wait for the FDA to approve of it. Sorry to carry on so long but I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BetsyAnn (01-12-2013)