View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Hi Betsy, I see you are here on this forum also. I'm glad you found it and are using NT well!

I'd like to also add that besides the B12, you might investigate magnesium. Fixing magnesium levels can really help with high blood pressure issues and it is also used in headaches, and migraine prevention.

You could choose to eat more whole foods that provide magnesium like beans and nuts, yogurt. Or you could get a quality supplement (except not OXIDE which is not absorbed).
200mg elemental daily of a chelate or SlowMag one twice a day
may really help.

I have on my magnesium thread some PubMed papers:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post31697-20.html

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post861343-280.html

We at Peripheral Neuropathy use magnesium for our PN pain,
and it really helps.

So I really hope you will read my magnesium thread (which has grown very long since 2006) and give it a try. 200mg elemental is 1/2 the RDA, and usually is a good conservative starting point.
Some people eventually decide to take higher doses, and if you do want to try that make sure your kidney functions are normal.
There are some remarkable success stories with fixing magnesium here, and you could be the next one!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BetsyAnn (01-12-2013)