Thread: Afraid
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consider View Post
Anyone have some insight?
What worked for me was sorting out my diet and enforcing a rigid routine - this means going to bed (midnight) and getting up at the same time (8 am)even if you can't get to sleep right away.

Once I woke up in the morning I would stretch and come to before I got out of bed. I would go downstairs and have my breakfast - cereal with help / flax on top, fruit juice and tea. Take any medication. Then 30 mins of PC time to check email and the forums I follow. Then if I am up to it some domestic work - running the vacuum over a couple of rooms then have a rest and a drink. Because of the speed we work and think you will find it is mid morning.

There is usually some post or something else to sort out until lunchtime. Sandwich for lunch and more fluids then I used to "shut down" for 30 mins. Then I would either go out and do some grocery shopping with my wife or do some odd jobs until 3 o'clock then it would be a rest and more fluids. I would play some solitare or other light game until around 4pm then have a light snack

at 19:00 to 19:30 we start eating our evening meal. Then watch some tv and another 30 min slot of screen time. 10:00 last drink of the day.

Having a routine I found focused my mind and allowed me to plan things and with set periods of rest the family knew when the should leave me alone. I followed this for six months and it helped me greatly. One of the greatest surprised to me is since I have been injured is how quickly the time goes.

BTW I used to spend 18 hours a day in front of screens (TV or PC) and cut this down greatly in the early stages
SpaceCadet (01-13-2013), Virginia in Canada (01-14-2013)