View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel1017 View Post
November 25th made two months since my surgery. I couldn't afford to fly back to St. Louis for follow up or PT visit. So tried calling PT clinic whom told me anything they could do for me just call, hasn't returned my call. So I am still doing stretches given to me after surgery and to do when I got home. Would love to go to PT don't want a followup surgery in the future. The one in my 20's and this one are quite enough for me.
I will be having my third surgery on Mach 15. I am hoping you can share as much with me as possible. I too will be traveling to St Louis. My scalene has regrown. It is unclear how much I have, if I have the middle or anterior or both - however he will remove any scalene muscle I have. He will also cut my pec minor. My nerves are currently NOT happy and it is unknown where they are and how trapped they are in scar tissue, but he will find them and make them safe [I pray]. Lastly, It is unclear how much of my rib is remaining. It appears I had a clean removal, however there is a cartilage area that may be remaining and trapping my subclavian artery and vein - he will remove any remaining first rib and the cartilage, releasing the artery and vein. If you are willing - please email me. I have never spoken to anyone with TOS before not to mention someone who also had there rib removed in their 20's as I did. Your symptoms prior to your second surgery matched mine so closely. I know the road to recovery is long and I just want to learn as much as I can. ***

Last edited by mrsD; 01-12-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: removing link per guidelines for new posters
Bfitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-12-2013)