View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarayuwx View Post
Ok, a little background as I normally post in spine issues. My 7 year old son was dx'ed with Asperger's a few years ago, along with ADHD and currently takes 15mg of Adderall in the morning for ADHD and .01 Risperdal for irritability/aggression, 100mg of Zoloft for anxiety at night (and these help him sleep better and most nights he sleeps through the night)

This morning, he is acting.... So. Very. Odd. Well, for him anyway, he is always odd and we love him that way

He appears to be having some very frightening hallucinations.... A piranha in his room (he showed me, but it was a worn out hand sized book) a swaying gun in the closet and strange noises. He came to us this morning scared half to death and firming stating that our house is very haunted.

This is very scary for me to see him like this. He has been on his current cocktail of meds for about two years now,with dosages adjusted accordingly as his body grows a tolerance to them. Hubs thinks he is making this up, but those tears and the fear is very, VERY real for him. We have a very active day planned and are about to leave, but if ANYONE can give me some insight about this I will be back on tonight, and appreciate the friends I have here that have already been so helpful.

I plan to call his psychiatrist on Monday, especially if this continues. If worse comes to worse, I will take him to ER at our Children's hospital but for now, I'm keeping him close to me and as calm as I can.

Thanks again.
I was on Adderall for my hyperactivity and it worked for a while really well but once it built up in my system, caused bad hallucinations I didn't have before and do to the degree I was having, my treatment team took me off of it. I really liked how it made me feel initially.
Winter24/7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote