View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

if you're worried about having PCS that is stress and anxiety right there, you also said " I work in finance and have an extremely intense job that requires 80-100 hour work weeks on a regular basis. I am currently working but am not all there and wondering what I should do and what my options are" sounds like a major stress to me, you may not have it in you personal life but if you're concerned about not being all there for your job that's definitely stress, not too much you can do about it besides remind yourself you can only do what you can do right now. I'm assuming the xanex was your script so you probably had anxiety and stress prior to the fall, which I think is pretty typical for any human who strives to accomplish great things which it seems like you have done in life, just remember that any stress or any anxiety will make the symptoms worse. They are on the frontline for creating headaches and then causing them to snowball so to speak, if you feel a headaches coming on or any symptoms go for a walk or do whatever creates that mind clearing zone for you for a few.

As for things you should/ should not do drinking is probably a good one to steer clear of for a while, going out is fine but it depends on how you go out, loud bars with a ton of things going on or clubbing is definitely not going to help you but going out with a couple friends to a quieter more relaxed setting is the best thing to do if you cant resist at least doing something. Exercise from what ive been told can go either way, light exercise can be healthy however if you over do it by length or intensity it can hurt your recovery tremendously. As for sleeping I'm not sure, I'd probably stick to your normal, maybe allow for an extra hour or so if you need to.

Right now though just take things easy, avoid loud, intense places and don't overexert yourself and also try not to worry about PCS as much, over thinking it right now is counter-productive.

Wish you well on your recovery and hope this is a short phase for your symptoms.
good luck-

Severe TBI with 3 bleeds, broken neck (C-2), comatose for 3 days Glasgow score of 6 from a school bus t-boning my door at 60mph in December of 2004. Extraction time took over an hour, over a week just in ICU, original expectation was permanent vegetative state.
Numerous re-injuries including being rear-ended, flipping suv, and the latest in 2011 from being slammed head first on tile floor.
Still having major issues with: anxiety, depression, memory short and long term, sleeping including insomnia and hypersomnia, severe headaches 10-15 days a month, severe neck tension and pain that can be easily agitated, comprehension, problems focusing, easily distracted, irritability, skewed judgement, constantly overwhelmed, mood swings, confusion, brain fog etc etc
Kristara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote