View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 01:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update: Doctors Appt yesterday and B vitamins.

I had my doctors appt yesterday. I told her about the Gabapentin making me suicidally depressed. She made a note in my chart not to give me that anymore. I told her about the DX from the Neuro doc and that I'd done some research and was trying the B-vitamin route. She asked if it was working. I was glad to be able to tell her not only was it working but working well. She and the nurse acknowledged that just because blood levels show as normal doesn't always mean much. The proof is in the pudding. And she also is aware that the blood tests used aren't accurate. She asked me how much I was taking and I gave her what I could remember from the complexes and the plain B-12 and the Folic acid, which I did remember. She said that was fine and not a problem. I could take much more than that and not have a problem, apparently.

At any rate, I can say the B-vitamins are really helping! My pain is at about 10% of what it was before I began the vitamins. So maybe that's all it was for me. I say 'all' because I feel like one of the lucky ones. Al ot of you have intense pain that nothing seems to help for long. Having experienced that kind of pain for about 2 years I feel very blessed to have found something that works and found it so quickly.