View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rough few days :(

So I'm nearly 3 weeks into my 2nd concussion and have been trying to take things one day at a time. I'm now experiencing intense anxiety that is very similar to this point with my first concussion in 2010. I've also had very bad vertigo, which quite frankly has been rather debilitating. I'm trying to tell myself things will settle/pass in their own time, but my body is stuck in the "flight or fight" mode.

I'm scared that the vertigo is permanent as well as the anxiety that comes along with it. I thought as a "veteran" PCS survivor that I wouldn't deal with this level of anxiety again, but that's not the case.

Tomorrow I have a consult with a hearing & balance center to assess my dizziness & decide I what testing I need. I know I need to stay positive and be thankful for small blessings...just feeling low today.

Thanks for listening ~ any feedback is greatly appreciated!

PCS "survivor" - first concussion 10/2010 with PCS for nearly a year. Hit back of head on a shelf. Symptoms were head and neck pain, vertigo, nausea, lethargy, anxiety & depression. Experienced greatest amount of recovery between 9-12 months, with the following year being much, much better

2nd concussion 12/2012 - hit front left forehead on wooden edge of couch. Currently dealing with a return of PCS symptoms including headache, nausea, vertigo, brain fog, and lethargy.

~ just trying to take it one day at a time
~
musiclover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote