View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingfaith View Post
Hi...mrsd is the best! She has helped all of us! I would take her advise about the supplements and such. I'm just curious though how long did the tingling and numbness last? You said you woke up with it on new years which was only 2 weeks ago and it's gone already? To me that doesn't sound a lot like neuropathy. I think for most of us our symptoms have started and progressed over long periods of time. Once you learn to take care of your body it can get better. It doesn't make sense to me that it would just go away that fast by just stopping drinking. I also am a heavy/daily drinker and I have been for about 10 years with only brief periods of sobriety. I have neuropathy but I do not think mine is strictly from alcohol use. I am 25. How did your family doctor conclude it was alcohol neuropathy? Did they run tests of any sort? I'm just curious because it doesn't sound right to me. I wish you the best and good luck with your neurologist!
Hey Keeping Faith!

Ya the Tingling and sharp electric pains were pretty pronounced for about 3 days, and after the 3 days everything pretty much went away and nothing was there. I have some real MINOR numbness in my right leg but I almost cannot tell. The doctor concluded that because of my binge drinking over my college years that she was certain it was from alcohol. She also gave me a CT scan and blood tests.
hardhits36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-13-2013)