View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Going in Tuesday to have oral surgery

Having 7 teeth extracted, and an aveoloplasty done where they smooth the bone. I am getting headaches all the time and feel like crap. Sure I am grieving the loss of my teeth and it hasn't happened yet. BUT I can't get immediates like other people in this thread did and that stinks, but my insurance only covers one. I have to go to one of those denture factories too. I am having the surgery done here locally by a oral surgeon I trust, and the denture won't be made until the summertime when I've had a good long chance to heal.

It's an upper that I need made. I am really worried about the future, I am only 44, I am so afraid this is something I am going to regret, but my teeth are awful, I can't eat right, I've only GOT the seven left up top, and I think they are poisoning me creating these rotten headaches. So I know this is a very old thread, are any of you still around and willing to share how life has treated you? I can't afford to get a really nice one on my own, so I have to do it this way, and being toothless up there for 6 months is going to be rough, but I won't LET it hold me back.

I have a family to take care of and things to do, so I am going to make this work. I have heard some people end up just eating using their gums and that dentures never work for them. This is something I am worried about. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote