View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had a cervical fusion of 6/7 about 4 1/2 years ago. It was the best surgery I'd ever had! My surgery pain was next to none and it relieved 80% of my symptoms.

I few months later I did begin having what I considered "bone pain" due to new hardware. That pain seemed like it did make my neck spasm and I felt alot like you're explaining. It was off and on again and never did progress or become something more than "uncomfortable" from time to time. I did just fine for a couple of years and I hope you do just fine forever.

For the following, please don't think I'm being the bearer of gloom and doom, but I wanted to share to help others as they move forward.

I read at the time and having just one level done as I did, when there is degenerative processing in place, will often times lead to additional surgeries as the fusion destabablizes the adjoining levels.

I'm here to tell you that I bear witness to that as we speak. Two years after surgery I began having new and different pain, spasms, etc. I then had more problems. I blew it off because I knew than my MRI's showed DDD. I was going to have aches and pains, right?

I wish I'd listened to my body more.

Please remember to do the same and listen to your body. If you start having increased or different symptoms, please go back for an MRI and check how things are going. Even if I weren't having problems, I'd have "check on things" MRI's every couple of years.

If you'd like more information on my journey, I have a post here as to where I'm at right now.

Good luck with continued healing!
forevernana4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-13-2013)