View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paidagofni View Post
I have a suspicion that my neuralgia may be caused by exposure to chemical nerve agents in military training back in 1987. The one area of the body not covered by the protective gear is neck and ears. There is a hood, but air circulates beneath. My guess is ultra-micro exposures to airborne non-persistent nerve agents in training has caused damage.

I doubt most of the folks with this neuralgia have had the same exposure, but most household pesticides are only one or two functional groups away from military nerve agents.
Man, I've never been in the military but got hit with multiple extremely painful neuralgia's a little more than a year ago. MRI showed inflammation in the cavernous sinus but every test has been clear. Got rid of the inflammation with steroids but still have the same pain. The inflammation was diagnosed as tolosa hunt syndrome, the pain that remains is atypical cranio-facial pain and bot classical and atypical trigeminal neuralgia. A neuralgia in my ribcage started at the same time and after 3 neurologists I'm not any closer to knowing what I have or what and none of them think it's related despite both starting out of nowhere at the same time. I'm on oxcarbazapine, nortriptyline, cymbalta, and percocet all for pain. And I'm a full time student in my 20's and still in terrible pain.
shindig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote