View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhits36 View Post
2 Weeks ago I was Diagnosed with Alcohol Neuropathy. (age 23)

I had mild tingling in my hand feet calves and arms. I also had sharp electric like pains, and minor numbness. The symptoms persisted for about 3 days and have since left (except there still be some minor numbness- so minor I almost cant tell) I just dont understand- Some places on the internet say that the nerve damage can be reveresed, or the nerves can regenerate...while some say they cannot? Once these toxins are removed, how long does it take for the nerves to regenerate? How do I know if the nerves have regenerated? And lastly, once the nerves have been repaired (if they can) will I ever be able to drink again? Im only 23!!!

They also tested my B12 and folate which was normal. So it appears this is only alcohol induced.

I appreciate any input
I'm in the same boat, man - I quit drinking about 10 months ago when I got diagnosed - Nothing has changed as far as how much pain I have, but it hasn't gotten any WORSE or SPREAD - It's in my feet, and nowhere eIse - you are gonna have to suck it up, I know you're scared, I was, and I was 51 when they toId me what was up - there generaIIy isn't a damned thing they can do but medicate you - my onIy advice is to quit the booze right now, and see what happens for awhiIe - you know, maybe a few months or something whiIe the doctors figure out what piIIs to pump into you - Nerves can't be regenerated, but they have stuff to bIock the pain, that's it - my keyboard doesn't do periods gotta get a new one ha ha but pIease Iet me know if I can heIp - It sucks, but just deaI with what's in front of you TODAY, forget the rest of your Iife - you may be abIe to heIp some of your symptoms by suppIements, so try them - Mrs D on here is a wizard with that stuff and I am sure she wouId be gIad to heIp

JUST HANG IN THERE AND DO NOT DRINK RIGHT NOW

Brue
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote