Thread: Cysts on spine
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy1 View Post
Hi every one , just joined this forum and want to thank you for having me here.
I have had 4 MRI scans , first one showing cyst on lower tailbone , on the sack fluid , then 2 more further up on spine, as i am not in pain on the back , I was sent for MRI due to neck pain which I havent had back since 3 yrs ago .
Any way , they hospital have just wrote to me saying before I have my next MRI scan , which I have to have every year , Said we want you to go to your GP and get a blood test to make sure you are not at risk of renal impairment , well i thought why now , have they seen something , I havent slept well since getting the letter , so I get my blood tests Friday morning .
Has any of you gone through the same thing and what happened to you , Id love to read all your post and thank you Joy
Ps I also have cysts on Liver which don't cause a problem either
I don't know anything about the cysts, sorry, but I'm going to guess that your MRI will have a contrast agent used. They like to make sure your kidneys are fine before hand as people with kidney problems can have complications with the contrast agent.

If you normally have contrast injected with your annual MRI, I don't know why they would proceed differently but it could be a variety of things... however, it sounds to me like they are just wanting to keep up with proper protocol.
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote