View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Pam,

Everyone who goes through this is scared and always wonders if there is a way out of it. You need to gently remind yourself of your exact words.... <<I know these teeth can actually do a lot of damage if I left things alone and they are probably already 'inflaming' my body in a lot of ways that we don't need to get into here>>.

Irrelevant of where you have your denture made, it is imperative to have a dentist or technician who will take the extra steps to assure the best fit possible. Dentures are definitely not a one size fits all and if they don't fit, you will not be able to wear them. As you can imagine, an ill fitting denture can cost more money in the long run because in order to function, you would need to have another one made. So it is important to go to a place that caters to the fit and esthetic appearance of the denture. Is there a way to find this information out before you let them do anything?

Hopefully you will feel well enough to get back to your routine in no time!
One day at a time... stay focused and optimistic.... and take the best care of yourself that you possibly can.

Keep us posted.... praying all goes well tomorrow

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
Can you believe I am going in Tuesday to FINALLY have this done Bryanna? *shakes head* I have been really suffering with dental pain, lost 12 pounds since this was posted, and had countless headaches. I just have so much fear over this.

I really hope I am going the right thing, I just turned 44 and am scared this is the wrong decision, only I know these teeth can actually do a lot of damage if I left things alone and they are probably already 'inflaming' my body in a lot of ways that we don't need to get into here.

I go in a week after the surgery, and then we'll see about the denture later, I have to do one of those denture 'factories' so what's your thoughts on those? Same deal applies, I am waiting to get the one denture that insurance covers about 6 months later.

Thanks for your advice Bryanna. I am trying to grin and bear it, like I said in the other thread, I am NOT going to let this hold me back from living my life. I will try to learn to talk first, then smile without grossing people out. I hope I am better within a week or so and can go back to do the shopping, and other household duties I need to attend to, you know?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pamster (01-14-2013)