Thread: Lyrica question
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3#2 View Post
I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty with a med that has helped others. This is something you should definetly discuss with your dr. I have tried Lyrica and it did not produce side effects, however it didn't do much good either.

Neurontin has worked well for me and it might be worth a try if you haven't already done so. These two compounds are related. Neurontin has produced some side effects in a few people similar to what you describe.

Take care
Also, please be aware that if you try Neurontin that one of the side effects for *some* people can be suicidal depression. This happened to me. I came within a gnats butt to having myself admitted on three different occasions because of this and before I became aware that it was the drug causing it. Also, Neurontin causes B-12 deficiency which will make the PN pain worse.

I'm very blessed in that I began taking B-vitamin supplements about 30 days ago. Since then my PN pain has decreased to about 10% of what it was before I was put on Neurontin. I can sleep again.