View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post-Op question

Quick question for all of you who've had a first rib resection.

I know it's still very early in my recovery, but I've been doing really well. The pain I've had is of a different quality and has been moving so I know that things are shifting and healing and doing what they're supposed to. My surgery was one day shy of 2 weeks ago.

That being said, one thing that has been consistent since coming out of surgery is my left pec minor is extremely tight and very, very tender. I had felt as though I was being poked with a broomstick before surgery and asked about pec minor syndrome to avoid having to go in for an additional surgery in the future but was promptly brushed off as it is "a completely separate problem from TOS."

Anyway, what I'd like to know is if this is common post-op and I should just ride it through, or if I'm going to have to go down the road of searching for someone to evaluate me for pec minor syndrome. Obviously I'd rather not have another surgery, but right now I've got the support and help of my family. In 9 months, we'll be moving out and I'll no longer have this help. This is the absolute best time for me to have any surgeries that I may need and I don't want to drag this out forever. Advice?
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote