View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recently Diagnosed

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

The pain began about 2 or 3 years ago and has progressively gotten worse.
It started with localized pain in my legs, specifically my calves. I would feel pain, pressure and heaviness along with twitching and feeling like there were bubbles in my legs. The pain was localized to my legs until about a year ago when it spread throughout my entire body.

About once a month I would have such horrible all-over aching and stiffness that I felt as though I must be sick with a high fever but I never had one. The aching would be horrible for 3-4 days and then dissipate back down to a dull ache all over but centrally in my legs. I feel like the more time I spend at rest, the worse the pain is. For example, I can only sit on the couch and watch TV for about 2 hours before I ache so much that I need to get up to move and stretch. After doing this I do begin to feel slightly better but it takes a LONG time.

Since then the all over aching and stiffness has become more frequent and my legs ache horribly almost every day, especially at night after working all day.

Another issue that I have which may or may not be related to this is the fact that I have a lot of trouble regulating my temperature. I am always either burning hot and sweating or cold and shivering. I have hot flashes almost every day. Very rarely am I at a comfortable temperature. Most days I wear around 3 or 4 layers of clothing so I can be ready for the temperature fluctuations.

Some other things I deal with on a regular basis are trouble sleeping, always feeling tired/fatigue, morning stiffness, and IBS.

After seeing a rheumatologist a couple of months ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Restless Leg Syndrome. Upon looking back at my medical history I remembered that I had undergone extensive tests (including a bone scan) when I was around 8 years old due to the fact that I was complaining of aches and pains in my legs. I was seen by several doctors and was examined at two different hospitals and to my knowledge no diagnosis was ever made. I wonder now if that has something to do with my current issues.

Thanks for taking the time to read my super long post. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Last edited by Bright&Dark86; 01-14-2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Left out a couple things.
Bright&Dark86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kerryelaine100 (01-16-2013)