View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Sharing Love is that which I am called to do. Gee, my eyes are misting over just reading your writing, your sharing, that pain which hearkens to a time so many years ago.

And I wonder from time to time, as I have suffered SO MUCH neuropathic pain from that blasted car wreck, "do you suppose my niece's husband found comfort in a gun because he just could not take the physical pain any longer???" It has been years, and we all plod along that road called life wondering......"why did he?"

As for me, I am glad God whispered in a controlled shout into my ear "you know, it is getting late, and she is starting to worry about you...." Insert key in the ignition, get the engine running, lights on, weapon sheathed..... go home, resume LIFE surrendered completely to God. Glad.

I will pray with you and for you forever,
mark56
There are so many reasons people choose to take their own lives and one of them is wanting their pain to end...that lure is very real and I am in awe of people who are able to "carry on" in spite of it. Pter had his own views about pain after a suicide...he felt it didn't end with death. I didn't agree with everything he said but I still wish he had written that book I used to bug him about.

I am so grateful that you listened and acted on that "whisper" Mark...and now you have become a teacher.

I have always felt that our Michael acted impulsively...if only he didn't have the gun, right there. The lasting effects...to this day I can't bare anything "houndstooth"....the couch he died on.

Oh my...it's January again!! Hugs for the room.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (01-15-2013), bizi (01-19-2013), butterfly11 (01-21-2013), ger715 (01-27-2013)