View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree that surgery is ultimately up to the person that has to go thru it. And when you do go thru it you must be connected at so many levels. To me you have to prepare yourself physically mentally and spiritually for any surgery or challenge that faces you.

The people that are your support group can only give advise on what they think should be done. But it is YOU that has the ultimate decision. No one else.

Ive had surgeries where Harrington Rods were implanted and told by doctors about the risks and concerns about doing something like this. While I apppreciated their concerns and agreed with the risks I knew what I had to do in my heart.

Years ago I faced pancreatic cancer surgeryl. Not knowing if it was pre-malignanant or malignant. One surgeon didnt want to touch me for various reasons.

Another surgeon felt surgery should be done. If it ws pre malignant and nothing was done there was a chance it would become malignant and with pancreatic cancer survival is minimal. So do I do the surgery?
Also I was told that there was a chance in doing the surgery I would not survive the surgery itself.

Needless to say I survived the surgery and it came back premalignant. I took a risk but knew in my heart it had to be done. My decison and my decision alone. It took soul searching but went into it confident on my decisiion.
pebblebeach2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (01-16-2013), mg neck prob (01-15-2013)