Thread: MG and HCTZ
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Abby, Do NOT go off of any medication without talking to a doctor!!! Geez, woman, you know better.

It is dangerous. Many drugs need a tapered withdrawal. There are lawsuits out there against drugs like Paxil due to how hard it is to withdraw from and the neurological and other symptoms while going off of it.

I've not been feeling well but I was going to respond today about what you said in my post about switching even the TIME of taking the drug. Even that isn't a good idea.

We're not doctors. Only they can help you figure all of this out! We can conjecture and discuss ideas and support you but that is it!

Please find an internist or someone else to talk all of this over with, in case you aren't comfortable doing that with your neurologist yet. Do not harm yourself for the sake of an "idea."

That expert you saw thought you did have MG. Even if you have a CMS and/or MG or some other animal that is like it, you still have fatigable weakness and that is indicative of this "group" of diseases. It's dangerous to mess with it.

Okay, enough. Your family needs you to be okay. So do we. No more at home, mad scientist experiments, please.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (01-15-2013)