View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. I'm sorry that your RLS went undiagnosed for that many years, that must have been awful! Hopefully you have a treatment plan that works well for you.

As for me, its not that easy. After being put through the ringer with several different types of medication over the years, I'm at the point where I'm pretty much afraid to take anything else for fear of more horrible side effects. That being said, even if I were to find something that helped such as a muscle relaxer, I wouldn't be able to take it during the day as my job requires me to be physically active and be functioning at 100% at all times.

My next step is to contact a chiropractor and see if I can get an appointment for therapeutic massage. Hopefully if my rheumatologist prescribes it then insurance will cover it. That would be great since its been almost a week of consistent pain, especially at night and I don't wanna take Advil everyday because I know that's not great for you and it really doesn't help that much.

Guess we'll see what happens...

One more question: Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my legs are so stiff that I can't move them. I actually have to move my legs with my hands to kind of "wake them up" and get them to move again.

Does anyone else go through this?
Bright&Dark86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote