View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Stay the course songbird.

Because the rash and itching started only 8 days since you started your new drug regime, my money is on the Cymbalta being the cause. It is NOT an unusual side effect of this drug. Follow your doctors "wean" instructions.

Finding the right combination of drugs that works for you can be challenging. What works for others may or may not work for you. Took me about a year or so and I'm still tweaking on occasion. Took me about a year (and a lot of docs) to diagnose, a year to find the right meds and therapies, a year to settle down the condition and now in year four, I'm definitely better; still symptomatic to be sure, but better. And thankful to be sure. This can be a tough journey. Gotta stay strong both physically and mentally; depression is common for many of us with CRPS so keep tabs on your mood and don't hesitate to get help for that if needed.

I use gabapentin, naproxen, amitrypyline and trazodone daily, with ultram for breakthrough flares. Started with percocet but didn't want to become hooked on it and use it long term, so weaned myself off of it (yuk!!) and with the help of my doctors, found a reasonable drug cocktail that is non narcotic.

Not sure what to tell you about the itching, but if they prescribed something, I'd sure try it. Nothing worse than constant itching; I can remember when I had chicken pox, if it is anything like that.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by birchlake; 01-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPSsongbird (01-16-2013)