View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks orthomolecular for your input. I have actually come across some of this information as well. I believe one of the books you reference may be this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Hair-Test-Inte...8217474&sr=1-2

From reading some of the online excerpts, I get the impression that Dr. Cutler’s theories include the possibility that as certain heavy metals are chelated out, the hair mercury level can actually rise and then fall later upon continued chelation (I would have to read more to be sure of this though). The biochemical intricacies regarding heavy metal toxicity and chelation seem quite complex to me at this point and I feel like I am at “square one” in the learning process, but having gone through several years and a number of doctors who were trying to fix what turned out to be significant vitamin deficiencies by doping me up on various antidepressants and anxiolytics, I am willing to give chelation a try. The doctor I am now seeing wants to take things slow/steady so as to alleviate any potential side effects (I think that’s a good plan). Also as hair tests are not too expensive, I’m sure I can get more later if needed to check the progress. Thanks again!

Last edited by west1; 05-04-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Minor clarification.
west1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote