View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mrsD,

Here is a list of the other medications that I'm taking:

1. Niaspan 1500mg a day- Been on this for a few years. Always wondered a little about this because my first tingling/burning in feet began a few months after starting Niaspan. It then went away for almost a year before it came back. Chalked it up as a coincidence as I just couldn't read much to indicate that Niaspan could cause neuropathy. Flushing yes, but didn't see much in the way of it and periphral neuropathy, like say statins. Also, because like I said the first burning/tingling in feet went away for a long period before returning and over that time I was taking the Niaspan every day

2. Alfuzosin - 5 mg a day for bp.

3. Domperidone - 10 mg 2x a day for occasional delayed gastric emptying (probably caused by the small fiber neuropathy)

4. Uroxatral - one pill a night for bladder issues caused by the small fiber neuropathy.

Also, I used to take a statin, but quit about 2 years ago because I was afraid it might be the culprit with the neuropathy. Obviously, this wasn't the answer.

Took nexium for many months before the neuropathy started up and then many months afterwards. I stopped with all acid reflux medications about a year ago. Again, to see if it would help with the small fiber neuropathy.

One other thing I wanted to note regarding my bladder issues. When my burning feet start to flare up I almost always have issues with my bladder going haywire -- urge to go, difficulty starting when I try, difficulty emptying.
It's pretty amazing to me how much the two go hand in hand...if my feet are not burning, by bladder is behaving; feet start to act up, so does the bladder.

Finally, one other thing regarding my sfn "flare ups". More and more I think stress might be a player in kick starting my small fiber flares. Can't say that with certainty but that's been my observation.

Thanks.
davidl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote