Thread: Burning smell?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRriO View Post
Have you ever had any episodes of smelling something no one else could smell, like something burning?

I woke early today and could smell a hot oven, like something was burning. In my mind I thought "oh my husband set the oven to self clean" and I tried to go back to sleep.

The smell was driving me crazy. It was so strong. No one else was awake.

Eventually I went back to sleep. Woke later. Totally forgot about it and tried to cope with day. Suffered severe, 8/10 pain scale headache today and a very noticeable increase in speech problems. Stalling longer between words. Stuttering. Slurring.

This evening I asked husband why he set the oven to clean overnight like that. He said he didn't. I said, but I could smell it. Big time. I explained what I'd experienced this morning. He said no, there was nothing burning anywhere at all.

He got very concerned. Tried to talk me into going into the ER tonight. I decided not to because I think it might just be another awful brain injury thing. It can wait until Friday's doctor appointment. I hope.

Anyone ever have this?
I had an experience where I kept smelling burning rubber especially if someone cooked or heated up food and it was a sinus infection I believe. It got worse every day for weeks and weeks until I got antibiotics from my dentist for sinus infection. I also fell and hit my head so I dont know if that was part of the problem. Sinus infections always alter the smell of food for me anyway like burning rubber. I always check the furnace and look for something burning but no one elce smells it.I also had a tooth abscess at the same time but from my sinus problems burning rubber is usually from sinus infection for me. When I was pregnant food smelled like death what ever that is especially bacon or hamburger.
cats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote